***** Apologies for cross-posting****HR DIVISION LATE-STAGE DOCTORAL STUDENT CONSORTIUM - SIGN-UP by May16th 2022!
We are currently accepting applications for the 2022 HR Division Late-Stage Doctoral Student Consortium, which will be held in-person in Seattle on Friday, August 5, and Saturday August 6, 2022, at the Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management in Seattle, WA.
Highlights include:* Friday evening dinner and networking event
* Keynote address by Dana Minbaeva, Kings College London
* One-on-one dissertation/research feedback from leading scholars in the field of HR.
* A variety of presenters and interactive panels about surviving the job market, socialization as an academic, publishing impactful research, and teaching effectively
* Roundtable discussions with the editors of 14 major journals (e.g., Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Applied Psychology, Personnel Psychology).
* Personalized discussions where senior HR scholars give feedback on your research project.The HR Division Late-Stage Doctoral Student Consortium is open to doctoral students actively working on their dissertations. It is expected that applicants will be:(1) members of the HR Division;(2) finished with all required coursework; and(3) on track to have their dissertation/thesis proposal approved by their supervising committee before the conference. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applicants that have already completed their PhD. In addition, please note that because space is limited, only one student per program is typically allowed to participate. However, one additional qualified student from a given program may be accepted upon the request of a candidate's doctoral program coordinator.
Application Process:There is no charge for the Consortium, but you will need to pre-register by Monday, May 16, 2022. To register: 1) sign up for this PDW session (#13556); 2) sign up for the separate Friday night networking/dinner social event (session #18300); and 3) complete the pre-registration form (https://curtin.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_esUJRxqvsDtc0Jw) by May 16, 2022. You will be asked to upload a 1–2-page CV with contact information, education, research/teaching interests, publications, and conference presentations for distribution to all attendees. Your faculty advisor or doctoral program supervisor will also need to complete the form to endorse your application. Finally, you can either upload your research paper/dissertation (maximum of 40 pages) in the application or email it by June 20, 2022, to email@example.com.
We hope you join us for this educational and fun experience for emerging HR scholars! Please contact any of the organizers of the consortium (see below) should you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you in August!
Helen De Cieri, Monash University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jenna Pieper, University of Nebraska – Lincoln (email@example.com)
Tae Youn Park, Cornell University (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Amy Tian, Curtin University (Amy.Tian@curtin.edu.au)