**Apologies for cross-posting**
For anyone interested in the intersection of management and the arts, we cordially invite you to submit your abstracts for the Art of Management & Organization conference on 18-22 August, 2022 in Liverpool England!
The Art of Management and Organization
exists to bring together a community of scholars, researchers, practitioners, artists, managers, consultants and anyone who is interested in understanding management and organization from perspectives drawn from the humanities and arts (performing, craft, fine, written, spoken, visual, tactile). The theme for the conference this year is "Art as Activism."
You can submit an abstract to one of eight different streams (with Beatles-inspired stream titles):
- ALL you need is Art? Art-Led Learning (ALL) put to the test
- Courageous Activism: Arts-Based Methods and Decolonizing Approaches
- Dear Prudence, won't you come out and play? Rehumanizing work through play
- Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool: Using and Making Films in Research, Teaching and Practice
- I'm Looking Through You: Visual Images, Photographic Research and Graffiti
- Mersey Sounds: Poetry (Poetics) and Protest
- Norwegian Wood? Disrupting Design Thinking
- Within You but Not Without You: Open Stream
You can find the full call for submissions here
, including links to the full descriptions of each individual stream. To submit an abstract or artistic contribution to a stream please follow instructions in the individual calls. Abstracts of no more than 500 words, in word.doc format, should be submitted as an email attachment by 2nd February 2022 to the stream convenors (contact details can be found within the individual calls) and to Jenna using firstname.lastname@example.org
. We are also keen to consider exhibitions, installations, workshops, or performances. If you have an idea, please email email@example.com
Hope to see you there!
Lyndon E. Garrett
Assistant Professor of Management & Organizations
Boston College | Carroll School of Management
437 Fulton Hall