Using ChatGPT for Research Productivity
Presented by Hadi Fariborzi
Click Here to Register for the Session on Zoom
IACM Virtual Seminar Speaker: A Monthly Series on Conflict and Negotiation Research
Co-Sponsored by the Academy of Management Conflict Management (CM) Division
Speaker: Professor Hadi Fariborzi, Mount Royal University
Moderator: Professor: Huisi (Jessica) Li
Using Modified "Schedule 1"
Tuesday Dec 12
9 AM US Pacific
10 AM US Mountain
12 PM US Eastern
6 PM Amsterdam
Wednesday Dec 13
1 AM Singapore
4 AM Melbourne
Title: Using ChatGPT for Research Productivity
Abstract: Explore the power of AI-driven tools in this talk, designed for researchers and PhD students seeking to improve and increase their scholarly outputs. Participants will be introduced to some main applications of ChatGPT and similar AI tools in research. Importantly, topics such as how to harness the power of ChatGPT to automate literature searches, paper drafting and editing, and responding to reviewers during the R&R process will be discussed.
Part 1: Introduction to ChatGPT and Its Potential
· Brief personal introduction and background in using AI in research and teaching, plus workshops on AI in research
· Explain the core capabilities of ChatGPT and its importance in academic publishing.
· Highlight the potential impact of AI on academic publishing: the positives
Part 2: ChatGPT in the Research Workflow
· Discuss how ChatGPT can be integrated into the research workflow: examples
· Emphasize its role in idea generation, literature review, and writing assistance.
Part 3: Enhancing Literature Review
· Describe how ChatGPT can assist in conducting a comprehensive literature review.
· Highlight its role in identifying relevant sources and avoiding duplication.
Part 4: Writing Assistance
· Discuss how ChatGPT can help in generating abstracts, titles, and keywords.
· Share tips on using ChatGPT to improve the quality of academic writing.
· Make it write like you do!
Part 5: Prompt Engineering and Scaffolding
· Explain the concept of prompt engineering for effective AI interactions.
· Discuss how scaffolding can aid in structuring research tasks and writing with ChatGPT.
· Share practical examples of using ChatGPT to scaffold research projects.
Part 6: Data Analysis and Visualization
· Touch upon the integration of ChatGPT with tools like R for data analysis.
· Show how it can assist in data-related tasks and visualization.
Bio: Hadi Fariborzi is an Assistant Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the Bissett School of Business at Mount Royal University in Calgary, Canada. He is an expert on using ChatGPT for academic research and has taught several well-received courses on using ChatGPT for publishing, literature reviewing, data analysis, and grant writing.
Please spread the news and join us! Thank you.