Discussion: View Thread

Request for Unpublished Works on Gender Similarity in Dyadic Relationships

• 1.  Request for Unpublished Works on Gender Similarity in Dyadic Relationships

Posted 12 days ago

** Sharing on behalf of Caitlin Porter **

Dear colleagues,

My coauthors and I are currently conducting a meta-analysis on the implications of gender similarity in dyadic relationships. To this end, we are looking for unpublished studies that assessed at least one indicator of gender similarity within an ongoing dyadic relationship (such as leader-member or mentoring) and one relational [i.e., perceived similarity, relationship quality (e.g., LMX, relationship satisfaction), perceived support] or work-related variable (i.e., work attitudes, task performance).

If you have relevant research that is unpublished or that might be difficult to identify, we would greatly appreciate if you could send us the information described below to: Caitlin.porter@memphis.edu

Information Requested:

Sample characteristics (N for supervisor/mentor and N for subordinate/protege, occupations)

Proportion (%) women in subordinate/protégé sample

Type of dyadic relationship (supervisor subordinate, mentoring)

Country

Number of measurement points and the time lag between them

What scales were used and their Cronbach's alphas

Effect sizes - either correlations between gender similarity and outcome, or M and SD of outcome for each type of dyad (i.e., M/M, F/F, M/F, F/M)

How you would like us to reference your work (i.e., citation)

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Caitlin Porter, Cassondra Batz-Barbarich, Nicole Alonso, and Feigu Zhou

------------------------------
    Kristin Cullen-Lester
    Associate Professor
    University of Mississippi
    ------------------------------