Discussion: View Thread

Faculty position at Colorado State University in I/O and OHP

• 1.  Faculty position at Colorado State University in I/O and OHP

Posted 08-17-2022 22:19

Dear Colleagues,

The Department of Psychology at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, Colorado invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Industrial and Organizational Psychology (I/O) to begin August 16, 2023. This position is at the rank of Assistant Professor. The successful candidate is expected to show a commitment to excellence in both research and teaching. Priority will be given to candidates with research expertise in occupational health psychology (OHP) including, but not limited to, occupational safety, worker well-being, mental health in the workplace, occupational stress, workplace mistreatment, sleep and fatigue, work/family interface, occupational health interventions and treatment, worksite wellness, health promotion. Although the specific research focus is open, a primary research program that examines occupational health of workers who are at high risk for injury, illness, work-related stress, burnout, or poor mental health in the I/O or OHP work literature is a priority. The successful candidate will also demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain a highly productive research program and the ability to generate external funding. In addition, they must provide evidence of a commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring and to be able to teach graduate and undergraduate courses in occupational health psychology and I/O psychology within the Department of Psychology. The successful candidate will be expected to mentor and train graduate students in the I/O Psychology doctoral program. The I/O psychology program at CSU offers an undergraduate concentration in I/O, an online Master's of Applied I/O Psychology (MAIOP) program that is separate from the doctoral program, and a doctoral program. For more information on the I/O doctoral program, please visit: http://psychology.colostate.edu/io For more information on the online master's program visit: http://www.online.colostate.edu/degrees/io-psychology/

The Department of Psychology resides in CSU's College of Natural Sciences, along with seven other departments: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics. The Psychology Department serves approximately 1400 undergraduate majors and 100 graduate students, with roughly 30 full-time tenure-line faculty members distributed across five doctoral programs: (1) Applied Social and Health Psychology, (2) Cognitive Neuroscience, (3) Cognitive Psychology, (4) Counseling Psychology, and (5) Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 5 full-time teaching faculty, and an outstanding team of academic support coordinators who provide advising for undergraduate psychology students and administrative staff. The Department houses several service centers including the Psychological Services Center, supporting graduate training objectives in counseling psychology while serving the CSU population's mental health needs; the Tri-Ethnic Center for Prevention Research that concentrates on social problems that affect rural areas; the Center for Meaning and Purpose, which focuses on acquiring, creating, and disseminating knowledge about enabling meaning, well-being, and positive health; and the Aging Clinic of the Rockies, which focuses on research, clinical services, and outreach for older adults in the community.

The Department has an externally funded occupational health psychology training program, funded by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) https://coloradosph.cuanschutz.edu/research-and-practice/centers-programs/chwe/training/map-erc-programs. Click or tap if you trust this link." data-linkindex="3">Mountain and Plains Education and Research Center which provides financial resources to support graduate student education, research, and professional development. Faculty in the OHP program work closely with colleagues in other programs in the MAP ERC. (http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/PublicHealth/research/centers/CHWE/MAP/Pages/default.aspx#. Click or tap if you trust this link." data-linkindex="4">http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/PublicHealth/research/centers/CHWE/MAP/Pages/default.aspx#), funded by the Centers for Disease Control National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. For more information on the CSU OHP program, visit: http://psychology.colostate.edu/ohp/.

The Department is primarily located in the Behavioral Sciences Building (BSB), a LEED Gold Certified building completed in 2010 and expanded in 2014. The BSB includes modern office space for all full-time faculty and graduate students, meeting and seminar rooms, state-of-the-art classrooms, and numerous lounge and study areas. In total, the Department controls over 100,000 square feet of research, teaching, and office space. More information on the Department can be obtained at: http://psychology.colostate.edu/

Required Qualifications:

The successful candidate must have a Ph.D., or anticipated Ph.D. completion by 07/31/2023 in Industrial and Organizational Psychology or a related discipline (for related disciplines, evidence must be provided of the candidate's ability to teach courses in I/O and occupational health psychology). Successful candidates must also have an active research program related to occupational health psychology, as related to issues of worker health and well-being (i.e., a clear and consistent record of publication on topics in I/O Psychology and OHP), and a commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring at the undergraduate and graduate levels in psychology.

Preferred Qualifications:

·  An active research program related to occupational health psychology. Our emphasis is on a scientist who can teach, mentor students, and conduct research that is relevant to I/O psychology and OHP. Candidates with a clear and consistent record of OHP-focused research (e.g., occupational safety, worker well-being, mental health in the workplace, occupational stress, workplace mistreatment, sleep and fatigue, work/family interface, occupational health interventions and treatment, worksite wellness, health promotion) and publications in I/O psychology will be preferred over candidates whose publication record is primarily not OHP-focused and primarily outside of I/O psychology.

·  Ability to collaborate with and develop partnerships across campus with colleagues in other related fields, such as Applied Social and Health Psychology, Applied Cognitive Psychology or Human Factors, Counseling Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience, Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene, Public Health, Radiological Health Sciences, Occupational Medicine, Communication, Business, Economics, and/or Sociology.

·  Have experience in undergraduate (or graduate) teaching in OHP, I/O Psychology, Psychology of Individual Differences, Psychological Measurement and Testing and/or Social Psychology.

·  Have experience with mentoring graduate students in I/O Psychology and OHP.

·  Show potential to obtain external research funding.

·  Demonstrate a behavioral commitment to diversity, inclusion, and social justice consistent with CSU and Department values (see special instructions) to help advance our campus diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.

·  Ability to contribute to the Mountain and Plains Education and Research Center (MAP ERC), funded by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)

Interested applicants should complete the online application. For full consideration, materials must be received by Monday, September 12, 2022 though the position will be open until filled.Application materials consist of the following:

• Cover letter,
    • Curriculum Vita,
    • Up to 3 relevant preprints/reprints,
    • One document (no larger than 9 megabytes) containing
      • A statement of research interests and
      • A statement of teaching interests,
    • Evidence of teaching effectiveness (uploaded to the Class or Student Evaluations slot, 1 combined document no larger than 9 megabytes),
    • List of professional references.
      • References for semi-finalists will be contacted. They will receive an e-mail with a link to submit their letter.
    • A document describing evidence of your ability to advance the department's commitment to diversity and inclusion through research, teaching and outreach with relevant programs, goals and activities (uploaded to the 'Other' slot)

Special application instructions: Under "other" please upload a personal statement describing your engagement with and contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion at work. This will help us identify candidates who have the professional skills and experience to engage in activities that advance our university, department diversity, equity and inclusion goals. Diversity and inclusion contributions can take a variety of forms, including work to advance equitable representation in research and in access to education, or public service that addresses the needs of socially disadvantaged, underserved and/or under-represented populations.

Should you make it to a semifinalist interview, please inform your professional references they will receive an email requesting a letter of reference with a link to submit their letter by 11:59 pm (MT) on October 10, 2022. No mail-in applications or letters will be accepted. Application materials of semifinalist candidates, including letters of reference, will be made available for review by the entire faculty of the Department of Psychology. Information about jobs in the Department of Psychology at Colorado State University can be obtained at http://psychology.colostate.edu/jobs-in-psychology-at-CSU/

References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.

Background Check Policy Statement: Colorado State University strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks for the finalist before a final offer. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will also be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the University, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.

EEO Statement:

Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or pregnancy in its employment, programs, services and activities, and admissions, and, in certain circumstances, marriage to a co-worker. The University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity and equal access institution and affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action.

Diversity Statement:

The successful candidate will have the ability to advance the department's commitment to diversity and inclusion through research, teaching and outreach with relevant programs, goals and activities.
    Here is a link to the complete position posting at Colorado State University: https://jobs.colostate.edu/postings/110213

------------------------------
    Chris Henle
    Professor
    Department of Management
    Colorado State University
    Fort Collins, CO 80523
    chris.henle@colostate.edu
    (970) 491-2692
    ------------------------------