Southwest Academy of Management
Call for papers
64th Annual Southwest Academy of Management Conference
In conjunction with the Federation of Business Disciplines in New Orleans, Louisiana, March 02 – 05, 2022, at The Hilton New Orleans Riverside, 2 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130, United States +1 504 561 0500
“The Next Decade for Management Education: It’ll be Big, but not Easy” …. “
More than a year ago, many of us were in San Antonio, TX, attending the Annual Southwest Academy of Management (SWAM) conference. At that moment, many did not know exactly what changes Management Education and organizations would be facing during 2020, 2021, and beyond. Nevertheless, people and organizations have demonstrated resilience and adaptability. We have learned so many things quickly, but more importantly, we must continue to learn in the following months and years.
For SWAM 2022, we have chosen a theme connected to the changes triggered by the pandemic - changes we anticipate cascading swiftly from organizations to Management education. We support and offer the following questions related to our theme to guide your submissions for SWAM 2022: What managerial archetypes have shifted due to the pandemic? How will management education face the accelerated push to the mainstreaming of online modalities? How have careers and employment relationships have been affected or modify after this contingency? What changes in labor relationships and jobs can we foresee in the short future? What have entrepreneurs learned during this time? How will business models need to shift in order to organizations or industries to avoid perishing?
We acknowledge the breadth of the questions above – but broad is the field of management. And, as our theme states, the next decade of change will “be Big, but not Easy”.
We encourage your submissions related to our theme, The Next Decade for Management Education, as we will provide recognition for those submissions addressing the theme. We also invite all scholarly contributions across management disciplines in the following formats
1) panel discussions,
2) traditional symposia,
3) IGNITE! Presentations,
4) traditional papers, and
5) professional development workshops.
Please find the most appropriate track to submit your contribution to. Please contact the Program Chair Carlos Baldo – firstname.lastname@example.org or the appropriate track chair with any
questions. We will also be hosting a doctoral consortium for graduate students. For information on the doctoral consortium, please contact: Ethan Waples - email@example.com
Join us to share your discipline, applied and pedagogical research.
And also, don't forget to cruise around "The Big Easy"
· Visit the French Quarter.
· Tour the Garden District.
· Cruise on-board a steamboat listening to jazz.
· Visit the National WWII Museum and Audubon Aquarium of the Americas.
· Try your luck at New Orleans Casinos.
Submission via Easy Chair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=swam2022 Submission guidelines
Deadline for submissions Oct 1st 2021.
Papers may be submitted to any of the following tracks:
· Entrepreneurship / Small Business / Family Business: Vallari Chandna firstname.lastname@example.org · HR/Careers/ Diversity: Robert Lloyd email@example.com & Sal Villegas firstname.lastname@example.org
· Organizational Theory / Strategic Management / International Management: Gustavo Barboza email@example.com · Organizational Behavior / Leadership: Jestine Philip firstname.lastname@example.org · Pedagogical Innovations / Pedagogical Research: Vance Lewis email@example.com · Professional Development: Kenneth Sweet Sweet@tamusa.edu · Hospitality Management: Shiang-Lih Chen McCain firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. DeNisi is the Albert Harry Cohen Chair of Business Administration at Tulane University – Freeman School of Business. He is a fellow at the Academy of Management, APA, SIOP, and SMA. He has published books and many articles in top journals, including Journal of Managerial Issues, Human Relations, Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Management and Journal of Applied Psychology, among many others.