The 2022 New Doctoral Student Consortium (NDSC) is currently accepting registrants for its Professional Development Workshop (PDW) at the AOM Annual Meeting. Established in 1997, the NDSC is celebrating its 25th year as the only cross-disciplinary AOM Annual Meeting event designed specifically for rising first- and second-year doctoral students, as well as those considering the doctoral path. Open to members of all AOM divisions, this interactive session is designed to integrate participants into the AOM academic community and to provide a foundation for excelling in doctoral life. This year, the NDSC is embracing the return to in-person with multiple special sessions, a networking PDW, and free lunch.
This event will be held in person at AOM on Saturday, August 6th in two parts:
- Sessions & Lunch: 8:30am-4:30pm PT
- Networking: 6:00-9:00pm PT
Sessions will include:
- Informational presentations on topics such as succeeding in a doctoral program, research and publications, and managing an academic career
- Networking opportunities with fellow doctoral students and established scholars in small breakout groups
- Opportunities to meet doctoral students from around the world with similar research interests and backgrounds - creating a sense of community within the larger AOM conference
The deadline to register is June 19th, 2022 @ 11:59pm PT.
- Pre-registration is required for this workshop as space is limited to 110 participants.
- We recommend registering as soon as possible as spots have filled up very quickly in the past.
- Please note, registration does not guarantee you a spot. Places will be given based on a first-come-first-served basis with priority given to pre-doctoral, first- and second-year Ph.D. students (in that order).
Here is the link to the Google Registration Form that participants need to complete for registration: NDSC Registration Link
Registered participants will receive a confirmation e-mail with further guidance on how to enter the virtual session. In case of any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Follow us on Instagram aom_ndsc and Twitter @AOM_NDSC for updates and information! Please join our AOMcommunity page for more information, FAQs, and to connect with your peers.
We look forward to seeing you online!
2022 NDSC Organizing Team #AOM2022