Interested in teaching with technology? Our professional development workshop has been running for more than 23 years at AOM and covers a range of tools for face-to-face and online teaching with technology. Each year we offer new topics and presenters.
Join us at the AOM Annual Conference: Saturday, July 31, 2021, 1:30PM - 3:30PM (EST).
Teaching with Technology: Teaching "Managers"
The presenters this year are:
- Jordan Mitchell, Xiao Li, and Ana Fetea (adult and online learning)
- Stuart Allen (web conferencing for capstone, thesis, and dissertation defenses)
- Kyle Stone (business's technology expectations and the impact on future managers' competencies)
- Kim Gower (review of a full semester live and synchronous classroom experience)
- Jeanine Turner and Sonja Foss (multicommunicating, gaining social presence in virtual and physical classrooms)
- Lisa Stickney and Danielle Fowler (mobile learning)
- Anthony Pina and Kenneth Moran (free and open educational resources)
Abstract: While there has been a steady transition to greater use of online learning, the COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the use of technology, including the expanded use of online learning and video conferencing platforms, remote learning, smartphones, virtual environments, and electronic resources. In parallel, many managers made the transition during this period to working and managing remotely. This has shifted the goal posts for teaching management students further and faster with emphasis on "managing". In this PDW (now in its 23rd year at AOM since 1998), we will present new technologies and relevant teaching techniques for using technology to support management education. This longstanding professional development workshop focuses upon the practical use of technology in teaching and learning through demonstration and sharing presenters' hands-on teaching experience in an interactive presentation format. The workshops this year will include seven different presentations on various topics with experienced management educators sharing their latest learning, approaches, and experience. The Teaching with Technology PDW has historically attracted novices and experienced educators, as well as those who love and loathe technology in teaching and learning.